butterfly wing flutters

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

You Spin Me Right Round

So one of my other New Year's Resolutions is to get back into shape and gain a bit of weight. And I have fallen in love with the Spin RPM class at my gym.

Me and my friend, Byrnesy, went a couple weeks ago and HATED it! We got there late and had to jump on and quickly adjust the seats of our bikes while the disco/black lights were already bouncing crazy patterns around the room. I walked out with a sore butt and a bruised knee as I had my seat too far forward and banged my knee on the brake lever everytime I sat back down from 'riding high'.

The following week though, we decided to give it another shot. Byrnesy had her very hot biker shorts on ( which I think made all the difference) and we got there with enough time to get some guidance from the instructor. And then, we were off, right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round. It was amazing! There was one point when I was peddling to the beat, as hard and as fast as my little legs could go and I found it...that place where your mind is drowned out by the beating of every cell in your body. You aren't thinking 'Move your legs...push harder,' you just ARE.

I will be honest and say that I didn't up the resistance everytime she said 'Give me more!' in that Australian accent of hers...or maybe it is South African, but anyways, I was sweating by the end of it and felt so awesome. I LOVE it! Eat your heart out Pete Burns!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home