butterfly wing flutters

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Travel Bug

Once you get it, there is no getting rid of it.

Growing up in Hawaii, I always knew there was a bigger world out there that I wanted to see and experience. I started off slow, went to university in Oregon, then Massachusetts for a bit, even with that move I was already singing, " Oh my god, I can't believe, I have never been this far away from home." After I graduated, I lived and worked in San Francisco and traveled to Mexico on my own. Soon after that, I up and left a city that I love and still miss everyday, to teach eigo in Japan. My Travel Bug follows my journey from there...have a sneak peak and watch this space.

Once, over one of the best martinis (three olives, please), a wise bartender quoted Kurt Vonnegut, 'Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God.' Maybe that lesson has been hula over the years, because the further I move away from home the more I appreciate the beauty of Hawaii and now no matter how much I fight it, my hips will always naturally sway to the rhythm of the islands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home