butterfly wing flutters

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spanish Lullaby

I was traveling in Spain on business last week. There is nothing more lonely than staying in a hotel room on your own.

The first time I had my hotel room for work I felt so grown up and couldn't help jumping from double bed to double bed only to fall in a fit of giggles. These days the first thing I do is check out the view from the room:

Marbella - seaview from the right angle.
Madrid - view of the farmacia across the street.
Barcelona - view of the city.

Dreams they come wildly after late nights of San Miguel - my Spanish lullaby. I think I'm missing home.

home:
when I am in Spain = London
when I am in London = the States
when I am in the States = Sandwich NH, San Francisco, Hawaii - depending on where I am.

Do you think it is tragic that home is never ever where I am standing in that moment in time?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home